Friday, September 23, 2011

Rowan Elyas

We have officially decided on Rowan’s name.

Rowan – Row for short (Little Bird calls him RowRow).  Rowan is a type of tree, one that was commonly used for making bows. Maybe one day Rowan will have a bow made from the wood of a Rowan tree! We loved the sound of the name, as well as it being a name that comes from nature.  I also like the thought of trees in general.  They are beautiful and strong.  The idea of having grounded roots and then spreading their own branches and seeds also makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  I also sometimes think that the circulatory system looks like roots and branches, so I think there is something to be said about CHD and Rowan’s name…but I don’t think it goes very far.

Elyas – Elyas is how we are spelling Elias. It is still pronounced Ah-LYE-is.  Doc’s middle name is Bryan, and sense it is spelled with a “y”, we decided to spell Rowan’s middle name with a “y” too.  Doc wouldn’t let me name our first son after him, so this is as close as I get.  Elyas is also a character in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.  We both really liked this character.  He talks to wolves.  Wolves are awesome.  Elyas also comes originally from Helios, the sun god, who is a known symbol of strength and resilience, which I know our little man will have a ton of.

We went to the OBGYN yesterday.  My Little Tree is measuring a full 3 weeks ahead and already weighs about 3 lbs 2 oz.  He is in the 93% of babies at his gestation.  The talk I had with him about how he needed to grow as big and strong as he could seems to have taken.  I have full faith that I am growing one tough little fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment