Friday, September 2, 2011

Doctor’s Appointment

I saw my OBGYN today.  I was a little panicked yesterday because the person that was going to go with me today had to back out last minute.  Luckily, my dad was able to watch the girls so my mom could go with me.

Every appointment we’ve had a little more bad news, and I’m still worried that I’ll go to one and get more bad news, or have to make decisions, and I don’t think I want to do that alone.  It was wonderful to have my mom there to support me.

I’m happy to say, NO bad news today!  I’m up 8 pounds in the last month (WAHOO and thanks to the JWI ladies who feed me way too much).  The last growth scan we had, Rowan was measuring about a week small, which is nothing to be concerned about.  Today he measured a little over a week bigger – which is fantastic!  He’s growing like a champ!  We want him a very healthy weight when he gets here.  It gives him a much higher chance of surviving the surgeries he’ll need.

My OBGYN is STILL waiting on a report from the Pediatric Cardiologist.  I am STILL waiting on a referral from them so I can visit the NICU and talk to a Neonatologist, so hopefully between her office nagging and me nagging, something will get done.

My OB also told me that she is on call for her patients at St. Francis 24/7, so as long as she is in town (which she plans on being) then I will have a familiar face there when Rowan is born.  She also told me that it’s basically the 3rd trimester now, so it’s time to start buying that baby stuff.

Yes ma’am!

We have been putting together a Wish List for Rowan.  Many of our friends and family have asked about gifts and what he’ll be able to use.  Based on what we’ve been told by the Drs, we’ve put together an Amazon Wish List (link underneath information links on the right).  We’re ready to start stocking up on things he will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment