Thursday, October 6, 2011

30 Weeks

Fingers crossed, Rowan still has a good 8 or 9 weeks in his current home.  Today at the ultrasound we watched him making breathing motions.  “Practicing” for when he is born.  We saw his heart again, and that one chamber that sticks out like a sore thumb.  That right ventricle and all that hooks up to it is such a big deal for such a tiny part of our son.

Once again, we were stunned as our doctor showed us his face.  He looks exactly like our daughter did when she was a newborn. 

Even though Rowan is still measuring ahead of average size, we are hopeful that I can handle carrying such a large little boy until at least December 5th.  It seems like a long way to go still, but I know it’s right around the corner.

I’m still working with the insurance company to make sure that they approve my delivery at St. Francis hospital, where they have a surgical staff and level 3 NICU.  Hopefully they will get whatever records they need in the next few days and that will be over and done with.

Other than some insomnia spells, I’m doing pretty well.  My husband has been home a lot more the last week, which has helped tremendously.  My coworkers at school are continuing to take great care of me.  I keep telling myself, I have to keep him in there for at least 8 more weeks.  Just 8 more.

In the meantime, we’re saving saving saving.  We’re hoping that we will be prepared for whatever financial needs Rowan has by the time he arrives – which means hello coupons, resale shops, and sale items.

No comments:

Post a Comment