Sunday, October 9, 2011

Man of Steel

One of the things I’ve been adamant about this pregnancy is that in no way do I want to remember this pregnancy as being scary and stressful.  I want to remember being happy and joyful as a part of this pregnancy as well.  True, this has been much more difficult than I thought it would be when I saw those two lines 6 months ago, but I am so excited to meet Rowan – regardless of the challenges we know we will face with him.

My husband and I decided quickly after Rowan’s diagnosis that we were not going to forgo normal pregnancy things because we were scared.  Maternity pictures being one of those things.

So after lots of idea searching, Doc and I headed downtown today to take some photos of Rowan and I together.  My little man is strong – we know that already.  So here are some of my favorites.

 

IMG_3298

IMG_3273

 

“The greatest gift you can give someone is to believe in them.”

 

And we believe in him.

 

 

IMG_3360

 

“Strong is what you have left over when you’ve used up all your weak.”

IMG_3296

 

 

 

“I can’t do this, but I’m doing it anyway.”IMG_3412

IMG_3441

 

 

 

“Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment