Saturday, November 12, 2011

Generosity

Thanks to the generosity of the wonderful people I work with, we are now all set and ready for Rowan’s arrival.  We purchased several very soft and warm snap up outfits as well as warm hats, socks, and mittens for him to wear while he is in the NICU and afterwards from Amazon.com.  We even had money left over after buying everything he needs so should any surprises arise, we have back up funds to buy clothing or other things he might need.

The ladies at work threw us a shower last week.  It was beautiful (green and blue, our family colors) and amazing to be at a shower surrounded by women and I know and care about.

My daughter helped open several of the gifts and was really excited about some books that Rowan got.  She’s practicing reading them right now so she can read them to him when he comes home.

When I opened a card from everyone and saw that they had all pooled together to get us an amazon gift card for way more than I could have ever expected I was speechless.  It was all I could do to try to turn off the waterworks.  I was borderline weepy all day long thinking about how blessed I am to have women (and man) who were willing to help us when we needed it.

I have no doubt that Rowan will be provided for.  We are all going to take amazing care of him.  He is loved by many and has yet to take his first breath.

Just a few more weeks and I will get to meet my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment