Tuesday, November 22, 2011

37 Weeks

 

The NST today showed that Rowan’s heart rate looks excellent.  He still has plenty of fluid.  He is making breathing motions and is in a head down position.  All wonderful things.

My vitals look great, despite the fact that I feel horrible.  My doctor offered me a prescription of some sleep aids to combat my averaging less than 3 hours of sleep a day.  Not sure if I feel comfortable using them.  Even though I feel worn and tired and on the edge, my body apparently is doing super D-duper.

So this means that it is unlikely that my body will go into labor soon.  Good for Rowan.  The longer he is in, the better for him.

Bad for me.  He is pretty large.  They will officially measure him again next week, but since my daughter was 9 lbs and it took me 2.5 hours to push her out, they are worried about the stress level on Rowan if he is equally big.

Which means that a c-section is becoming more and more likely.  Either he comes out earlier, which could or could not be a big deal, and everything is fine – or we end up looking at a c-section.  Not ideal.

The important thing here is what is best for him.  We’ve got to give him his best chance – even if that means I have to suck it up and get over my fear of having someone cut on me while I’m awake.

We’re in the days of waiting it out now.  Any day now, or not. 

1 comment:

  1. I always love reading your updates. I'm glad things are still chugging along.

    ReplyDelete