Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ready When You Are

We are now past 38 weeks.  Rowan is at expected to be at least 8 lbs even if he was born today and odds are he will be a bit more than that.  We’ve made it to December. 

Honestly, I didn’t think I would be able to get this far.  Trying to stay calm and keep a level head while dealing with all of the emotions of carrying a child you know will face open heart surgery repeatedly is especially difficult when you throw in trying to be a good mother while working full time and taking care of your family while your husband is completing his internship year of residency.  But we made it. Him and I.  We took it one day at a time and despite a few little scares, we have reached the point where there is nothing more I can do for him.

Soon Rowan will join us.  At the latest, he will be born on December 12th.  I have done all I can.  Soon he will have to prove what he is made of much earlier than other children ever have to.  We will be by his side, but soon it will be up to him.

Rowan, honey – we’re ready when you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment