Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Planning a Trip to the NICU

Today I started the ball rolling on trying to get an appointment with a Neonatologist (NICU doctor) and a tour of the NICU at St. Francis, where Rowan will be born.

I’m constantly amazed that you can be surrounded by wonderful doctors and highly confused office staff.  My doctor told me to call the NICU, they told me my doctor’s office should have faxed records and I shouldn’t have called.  The person I talked to was very good at repeating one phrase and not being very helpful about it, but then someone took the phone from her and was much more helpful.

So now, I am waiting for medical records to call me back so I can get my Pediatric Cardiologist records sent to the Neonatology Unit so they can call me back and schedule an appointment.

They only schedule 1 appointment a day. Monday through Friday.

I am crossing my fingers that the appointment they schedule for me will be one that my husband can go to…and will be before Rowan is born.

To the incredibly nice woman I talked to second on the phone in the NICU, thank you for being so calm and patient with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment