Tuesday, June 19, 2012

He Likes Me

Ok…so, I can’t even tell you how much I so don’t care about his medical stuff right now (which is all great by the way).

Today, I got to hold Rowan. No oxygen.  One IV (that was capped so not attached to anything).  I picked him up and set down.  He looked at me, smiled gigantically (like almost the horseface I make when I’m tooo happy (a la my wedding pictures)) and let out this happy SQUEAL!  That’s right!  Happy noises!!! He is making happy noises!  Coos!  Ahhs! Squeals! 

We played for a while and then I put him back in bed to help get his feed ready.  What happened?  He screamed and then REACHED FOR ME!  Both hands!!  Trying to roll over.  I got closer to him and he smiled and squealed again.  Checking to make sure it wasn’t just a fluke, I backed away and he started crying.  Which stopped as soon as I got closer again.

I don’t even know what to do.  I’m sooooo happy.  So in love.  I cannot WAIT for him to come home and play with his sister.

1 comment:

  1. Of course he likes you - you're the one person who has been with him since day 1! So glad he made you feel all warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete