Friday, December 16, 2011

Official Plan

Rowan is doing fantastically considering our goal of keeping his stable until surgery.  His blood pressure hasn’t been fussy and all of his other vitals haven’t hiccuped either.  This has allowed them to pull him off and lower several of his medications.  His eyes flutter every now and then, so I get to see those beautiful gray eyes more often now and he’ll hold my hand for quite a while.
The cardiac team met today.  There is some dispute about what surgical route is best for him that they won’t be able to decide on until they open him up Tuesday.  There are a few possibilities, but the main differences are these.
He may or may not need a bypass machine.
He may need surgery again in 3-4 months or in 6 months.
His recovery time might be a little shorter with one of the options.
BUT, depending on what he looks like when they can finally see his actual heart, they will decide what’s best and if it’s the best course, it really doesn’t matter what it does to his recovery time or surgery schedule.  It’s just the best thing for him.
Rowan is in the hands of incredibly capable people.  I am confident in their abilities and I know that they are all working towards the same goal we are – for Rowan to live a long, healthy, joyful life.
Also – I wanted to thank my work family.  These woman have been amazing at supporting me through my pregnancy and have not skipped a beat in helping me since Rowan arrived.  They sent gift cards to local restaurants up to us AND they sent a video they made with my students welcoming Rowan.  It was truly one of the most touching things I have seen.  These woman are incredible and I am very blessed.  Thank you ladies of JWI.  You have no idea how much you mean to me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment