Monday, February 20, 2012

REALLY!?!?! with Elle–Blow By Edition

Today Rowan has been fine. Coughing.  Grumpy. But fine.  I say this having watched him for the last few months and knowing what color he turns when he’s in trouble and what color he is when machines mess up and he’s fine.  Machines mess up.  Today Rowan has been his normal pink-peach colored self – even during his coughing fits but the machines claim he’s not getting enough oxygen into his blood stream…so they decided to try turning on the “blow by”.

Which brings me to a segment I like to call

REALLY!?!?! with Elle

Really? Blow by air?  It’s a giant tube that puffs out cold air directly into the center of my child’s face.   And to act like it’s doing anything…Really? He’s already mad.  You puff a little air in my face and I’m going to be ticked off…does that make him breathe better instead of just highly worsening an already annoying coughing fit, I mean REALLY!?!?

Oh, so your machine is dinging and saying he’s freaking out but he looks completely fine..and you want to go by the machine? Really?! Rowan isn’t blue, purple, or any other bad color and looks slightly grumpy but you seriously think he’s doing worse? Really!?

Oh – the cardiologist is here…and he says he’s fine. Which I told you several times…before you started ticking my kid off even more by blowing air in his face, I mean REALLY!

 

Other than that, we’re getting appointments set up in Tulsa, working on getting him ready for home and training (at least me) in some basic health care skills for Rowan when he gets home.  He has a staff taking care of him that is very concerned about his well being and the machines are frustrating because they never shut up, making for one stressed out mama, but he’s on track for home.  And now that I’ve vented, I’m not going to complain anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment