Sunday, February 12, 2012

To Go Home

Well, we just talked with Dr. Doctor.  To go home, Rowan needs to get food into his GI tract, not throw it up, and get it out the other end.  During that he cannot have the effusion come back.  This is the goal for the coming week.

If he is doing that by the end of this week, which we should know Friday-ish…he may be ready to go home.

Home can mean two things.  It can mean a transfer to Saint Francis in Tulsa…or it can mean HOME.

This means that we could be saying good-bye to Saint Louis around February 20th.

I know I should be cautious about getting excited, but I’ve been away from home, and my daughter, and my bed, and my friends and family for TOO long.  I think when you can see the end of the storm ahead…you get “horse-to-barn” syndrome (can you tell I’m from Oklahoma?) and start to chomp at the bit.  I’m hoping that these feeds go well…and we get the heck out of  Dodge  St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment